Preliminary:
Starting with the front cover of my preliminary, I think I produced a fairly good quality piece of work. I like the colours used on the front cover, and I also like the font style as it is bold and eye-catching. In addition, I like the white space at the top of the page, because it makes it look more creative, although I have left too much space between the title of the magazine and the writing which says ‘Your weekly school magazine’. However the picture, when resized, did go a bit miss-shaped because I didn’t keep to the original constriction of the image. Therefore if I were to do it again, I would make sure I resized my picture correctly.
Overall I am quite disappointed with the contents page. I didn’t give myself enough time to make it look more professional. If I were to start the contents page again, I would add some more writing and also more pictures. I would also change the colour scheme to make it stand out more as it looks quite plain.
Main:
Starting with the front cover, I am quite proud with the work I produced. I think the picture, and the setting is high-quality so it makes it look more professional and quite high-class.
I matched the writing colour to the background picture so it made it all fit together better. Some writing was in a golden yellow colour to match the building in the background. This colour also fitted very well because I wanted it to feel like a spring/summer magazine. I then used the colour white again because it stood out from the background better and matched her dress. I also like the font style I used as she looks quite aristocratic in the picture, and I think the fonts used reflect this.
I think if I were to redo my front cover, I would have her standing differently though. Because I don’t like the way she’s standing upright with her hands in front of her. I would also change the white circle, advertising something to win, since it just looks like it has been placed there without any thought going into it.
When designing my contents page I didn’t want it to look plain so I used different colours on the background. I chose pink because it matched the colours on the models dress on the front cover and double page spread. I then chose the light grey as it matched quite well with the light pink. I wanted to use quite bold font to make the topics stand out. I also only chose to have 3 pictures on my contents page because I didn’t want to overcrowd it.
I quite like my contents page, but I would have liked to add more pictures to it, and take out some of the writing because although it doesn’t look overcrowded, I think there is too much writing on it which makes it a little tedious.
Next, I completed my double page spread. Once again I am pleased with the picture I captured to use on one side of the double page spread. However there are a few problems I have with it, now I’ve looked back at it. I think it would look better if I had used a different setting/different outfit, because she is wearing the same as on the front cover, and she is also outside in both. The pose wasn’t how I wanted it either. It was a dull day, and therefore not very nice for being outside, so I didn’t manage to try for a long period of time to capture the picture I wanted.
Nevertheless I am very pleased with the double page spread. I am happy with the layout I have used, and the different fonts. I think the only things I would change, would be the red shape with writing in it, because it didn’t give the effect I was hoping it would. I would also add something at the bottom because there is quite a lot of yellow space not filled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment